Monday 4 December 2017

Evaluation Question 3


Question 3: What have you learned from your audience feedback?




I believe gathering feedback was a vital part of this project because it gives us advice on what people like and dislike about what we have created allowing us to make improvements based on other people’s ideas and opinions. Getting feedback specifically from my target audience allowed me to learn how I could make my products better and more enjoyable for them which therefore my outcome would be professional and meet what’s expected from my audience. When gathering feedback from my audience, I asked them what they liked about my products so I can see what stands out in my music video and use it more often. I also asked them what they disliked so I knew what needed improving. My target audience is young adults and teens who enjoy pop music.

In my rough cut from my music video I asked around 10 people for feedback. A lot of people complimented my post production skills such as the split screens used, slow motion, and transitions. They liked the slow-paced editing I had at the bridge of the song which to them made the music video look dramatic as well as professional. They described this scene as one of the highlights of the music video. The viewers also mentioned about the various amount of camera angles used and the lighting. They liked the use of drone shots at the beginning as well as close ups on the actor’s lip syncing. A couple people said they liked the lighting used at the park location because it works well with the mood of the song. To improve, my target audience mentioned that most of what needed improving involved work in post-production. One of the points was that I needed to improve on matching up the lip syncing with the song to make the singing look like it was coming from them. Another point made was to do with the narrative. As I have included flashbacks, my audience mentioned that it wasn’t very clear when they occurred making the story hard to follow. To improve this, I needed to change the colour of the shots so they looked different, or added a flash transition to make it clear that it was a flashback.

When I made my final cut of my music video my target audience said that the story was a lot easier to understand now that I had made the flashback shots black and white. The viewers also said that the visuals were a lot clearer as they had been colour corrected and lightened. Everyone said that the lip syncing matched the song perfectly and it looked like they were really singing it. A common point of improvement that was mentioned from my target audience was about the location of the performance shots. They would have preferred it to be in a different location that wasn’t the studio because the surroundings didn’t work well with the theme of the song and the black curtains made the shots look really dark.

For my first draft of my digipak, most of my target audience really liked it. They said it looked very professional and instantly drew their attention which I was very pleased about. To improve, my target audience said that they wanted my company logo to be bigger so that it was clearer as well as my song title and artist names. When I made my final draft most of my target audience really liked how it looked. To improve a couple people said to add some more information to the digipak to add more detail and there for make it more professional like it was on the market.

For my first draft of my magazine advert, the people I asked feedback from really liked how it matched with the digipak and that you could see a clear link between the two products because of the shots and colour scheme used. They could see that there was a consistent theme which was one of my main goals for my products. The improvements mentioned were similar to my digipak improvements such as making the song title and artist names bigger. Once I made my improvements for my final draft I asked my target audience again for feedback. They really liked how it looked and said it really draws their attention and interests them to read what’s being advertised. Again, they said to improve, I could have added a bit more contextual information so the audience knew more about what was being advertised. They also said I could have made it a bit lighter as the visuals as a whole are very dark for advertising a pop song.

By gathering this feedback, I learnt how important it is to ask other people’s views and opinions, especially from who you are aiming your products at. This is because everyone will have different ideas on what works well and what doesn’t. Them giving me these suggestions will allow me to question whether to change anything to develop the idea which will hopefully make people like it more. Making a product to suit the audience’s views will make it more successful and more likely for people to interest, buy, and enjoy. Throughout this project, collecting feedback has been very useful for developing my rough cuts and drafts for my products as I feel that they have got a lot better because of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4

Question 4 - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? Throughout m...