Saturday 2 December 2017

Evaluation Question 2


Question 2: How effective is the combination of the main product and ancillary tasks?



The main purpose of creating these products is to help promote a song. By using different platforms, it means that the song is accessible to a variety of people for example people who like to buy physical copies of a song and people who like to buy online copies of a song. It is important for all my products to link together as they need to work alongside each other to promote the song. The use of different platforms will make it available to more people so having all the products link will make it clear to the audience that they are all advertising the same song. It is important for my digipak and magazine ad to work alongside my music video because it gives the viewer and insight of what to expect of it before watching it in terms of setting, mood and style. This is the first look they get of the song so it needs to be eye catching and draw their interest. I linked my products together by creating a reoccurring theme throughout them in terms of settings, colours, etc. I thought this would work well because the audience will then have a visual understanding of what to expect from the music video and see an instant like through the visuals. Some of the most important aspects I had to consider consisted of theme, shots, colour scheme, and how I was editing them.

I made sure all my products linked together by keeping the same theme and using similar imagery. I took the shots I used for the digipak and magazine advert on the same day I filmed at the park for my music video. Therefore, I had the same sunset, location, colour scheme, etc. This meant that all of the shots matched throughout my products creating similar visuals. I used a continuous style of bold colours but I edited my digipak and magazine advert more to make the colours bolder and silhouette the actors. A key feature of these products was to be prominent which was vital as the way they draw they get notice by a viewer is by looking attractive and standing out from what surrounds it. I also made sure I included the logo of the company, title of the song and the name of the artists on all of the products so that it the audience would be constantly reminded of the important information about the products.

In terms of my digipak there were a lot of features I included to make sure it linked to my music video. I mainly worked on keeping the visuals the same as it is the first part the audience notices of the products. For example, I used shots of the same setting and location. The shots you see on the digipack match the shots you see near the end of the music video. The positioning of the actors are the same too. The actors are also wearing the same costumes so you can tell they are the same people. Some other features that I kept consistent throughout were the white text and including both the artists names and title of the song in both products. I think my digipak turned out well as I believe you can tell what sort of song it is by looking at the visuals and the mood it’s representing. I believe that it matches the aspects of a pop song because throughout you can see connection between actors and it represents a realistic situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4

Question 4 - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? Throughout m...