Monday 4 December 2017

Evaluation Question 4


Question 4 - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?




Throughout my research and planning I used Blogger to organise my work. This was useful as it is on the internet so I could easily access my work on a computer or on my phone. I used multiple websites such as YouTube to access content to gather research from such as other music videos. I also created a preliminary task as part of my research for my project so that I could experience what’s involved in making a music video. In our group, we filmed using iPhones which we already knew how to use. We chose this as it was an easy way to film for a rough shoot and the quality is a good standard. We edited the preliminary task on iMacs using iMovie as we only needed to do basic editing, so we didn’t need very technical software.

During the pre-production of my music video I used a wide range of different technologies in which some I hadn’t used before. In terms of cameras, the main camera that I used was a Panasonic Lumix camera which is quite an advanced camera. I learnt how to use this quite quickly and found it very useful for collecting the footage I needed as it contained a lot of features for good quality footage and stabilisation. Other cameras I used included an iPhone camera and a drone. This was my first time using a drone and it was a good experience to learn how to use it. I collected some interesting shots which I used at the beginning of my music video. The drone was useful as it allowed me to collect different types of shots that were good for opening the scene of my music video. I also filmed using my iPhone camera for when I needed to add a few quick shots for improvement. In terms of camera accessories, I used a tripod for quite a few shots in the music video. Although the Panasonic Lumix camera has a built-in stabilizer, the tripod was useful for keeping the camera in a fixed position for shots like when they were performing. Other technologies I used consisted of props such as phones and lighting which were useful for story elements and setting the mood in a scene.

During the post-production I used an iMac to edit my music video. I used a software called Final Cut Pro because it is very advanced and allowed me to add more features to what I was editing such as split screens and the types of transitions I created. I hadn’t used this software before, so this experience taught me a lot on how its used and what I can create with it. I uploaded my cuts to YouTube so they could be easily accessed.

For my magazine advert and digipak, I used to Panasonic Lumix camera to take the shots after we filmed a section of a music video. I transferred these photos to my computer using one drive, and edited my products using Photoshop. I edited the photos individually first with the same settings so therefore they all looked the same. Then I created my products and added to text, information, etc. I had used Photoshop before so I knew most of the basics, however I did learn a lot more by experimenting with it features to create what I have now for my digipak and magazine advert.

For this project I believe I used a lot more multiple types of technologies throughout which all had a very good use for my final out comes of my products. I used many technologies that I hadn’t used before such as the drone which allowed me to experience and learn knew ways of creating media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4

Question 4 - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? Throughout m...