Tuesday 19 September 2017

Music Video Target Audience Results Analysis

I have completed collecting results with my questionnaire and now I need to analyse the data to look into what sort of options different people chose and see what options are most common in the different demographic groups. This will help me understand what different audiences are into and what sort of target audience is best to direct my music video to.
This helped to give me an idea of what sort of music videos people prefer and performance based had the most votes showing that people prefer the singing and dancing styled music videos to ones with a story.

I asked this to find out what the most common genre of music is. I found out that pop music is the most common and that country, classical, folk and jazz are the least popular.

I asked this to see how many people actually watch music videos and see if they are worth making the money. The most popular was every now and again but the answers are quite even to how many people actually watch them.

Most people said yes to this answer but quite a few people said no as well which is interesting as they believe that they don’t need music videos.



Most people voted 3/5 and this was expected as I asked a variety of people with different ages and personalities and they are popular songs most people would have heard of it.

Doing this research has allowed me to get a primary source on what people think about music videos and it has allowed me to look at what different audiences music videos attract. Overall I have found out that the demographic group that music videos most appeal to is teenagers and middle aged adults. However it all depends on the genre as most teenagers look at pop and rap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4

Question 4 - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? Throughout m...