Wednesday 11 October 2017

Digipak Analysis

I am going to analyse a digipak because I want to learn more about the properties of them so I have more of an idea of what I need to do for my own. I hope that analysing a digipak will help give me some ideas that I can develop on for my own. I am going to analyse Katy Perry's digipack for the album 'Teenage Dream' because of the consistent theme she has for it which matches the theme of the songs and the music videos.

By doing this task I have learnt more about the properties of digipaks how constant they can actually be in terms of themes. This has introduced me to a few ideas like having very similar pictures on each of the sections, so I may use all the same pictures from the same shoot. One aspect about this digipak that I dislike is that the artists name or the name of the album isn't on the front cover. I would most likely have the song title and the name of the artist on the front as well as including the artist in the picture. Yet I do like how they have included the theme of candy in almost every aspect of this digipack like the cotton candy clouds in the images and the candy themed font.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4

Question 4 - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? Throughout m...