Saturday 14 October 2017

Plans for Digipak

Now that I have done a lot of research on digipaks I need to use what I have learnt and my ideas to start piecing together and planning out what I am actually going to do for it. I want to create plans to help me visualise my ideas before I make the real thing and I will be able to compare and develop my ideas to see what's best.

These are two plans I came up with:

I came up with this idea with some of the shots we had planned to use for our music video. I did this because I wanted the digipak to match the theme of it. For font I considered having the words written in capitals so it stood out as was quite bold. I included the title of the song, the artists names, lyrics from the song, and the record label. I may add more context to it to improve for the real digipak. In terms of colour scheme I want the pictures to be from a similar environment so there is a consistent theme but I also want the colours to match what's used in the music video. I have considered target audience by having the artists on the front cover and using objects like fairy lights / photos to make the digipak aesthetically pleasing and quite girly. This will help to draw in an audience consisting of teenagers and young adults. I believe it suits our genre because of how much we have used the artist and how it matches this theme that common / pop artists use. We tried to make it a similar theme to the actual artists style on their albums to help us with understanding their target audience and what they use to direct their work at their type of audience specifically. Our main focus however was making sure it linked to our music video because we wanted there to be a theme so it was clear to our audience what the style of this music video is and so that the digipak and music video can help promote each other.
 
This work has helped me for creating my digipak because I know have a base to work and develop from for my final outcome. This has allowed me to create a visual interpretation of my ideas so I can compare my ideas and see what worked and what didn't. I now need to collect some images together to create my digipak with and also keep this theme consistent with my magazine advert too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4

Question 4 - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? Throughout m...