Saturday 14 October 2017

Plans for Magazine Advert

I am going to create some plans for my magazine advert so I can visualise and compare my ideas. Here are two rough plans I created:
For the images in the magazine adverts, I came up with these ideas from shots planned for our music video. I wanted to use these to show links between the music video and the magazine advert to create a theme. This will allow the products to be clear to the audience that they are from the same song. I considered the positioning of the artists based on the story of the song. I wanted to create tension between them because they are sad about each other. I did this in the first plan by making them walk away from each other whilst looking back to show that they want to see each other but they can't as they are upset, and in the second plan I have the artists looking down away from each other to show they are feeling down and cant forgive.
 
Most of the text is written in capitals to make it bold and stand out and I included the title at the top of the page in bigger writing because its the most important information. This is because the audience cant buy, download or listen to the song if they don't know the name of it, therefore the title must be clear.
 
In terms of colour I haven't actually added any on my plans, but the colours would be quite vibrant because of the lighting I have considered. In the first plan I included a sunset which would probably silhouette the characters if I took it in real life. This type of lighting will give the surroundings quite a vibrant effect but also make the picture quite dark in the foreground. My purpose of using a sunset is because it will connote the ending between them like the end of a day. In the second plan I have included fairy lights which would create subtle lighting behind them making them and their surroundings quite dark which is also connoting this sad time. The lighting in these shots are important for setting the mood and showing the emotion in the song so the audience know what to expect when they listen to it.
 
This will suit my target audience of young adults because we have used young adults in the shots and they showing heartbreak between them which a lot of people often go through around this age. We also considered the target audience in the settings as well. In the first plan, a park is quite a common location that young adults and teens would go to in the summer or for a date. In the second plan, I included fairy lights which is quite girly and would be often seen in a girls bedroom or at Christmas.
 
The most important aspect of the magazine advert is that there is a consistent theme between it and the digipak and music video which I believe is clear because we have used the same settings and props throughout for the shots. The reason it must be clear is so that the audience will easily be able to recognise the song by seeing these visuals. This will allow synergy as each product will promote each other. 
 
In terms of music genre, the magazine suits pop because of our theme. I created the first plan based on the narrative to link to aspects of the pop genre because its showing a sad moment of break up and emotion in which lots of pop songs are about relationships. With the second plan I based it on the performance which links to pop because they are holding microphones but also still showing that emotion between them as they are looking away.
 
In terms of composition I don't think the layout of the writing works significantly well so I will need to consider this more when creating the final outcome. Previous research I have done has helped me a lot with knowing what is expected of a magazine advert and what to include. I noticed when looking at other magazine adverts the visuals all linked to the title so I need to make sure you can strongly see this in my final outcome. Creating these plans has helped me to see a visual interpretation of my ideas and has allowed me to compare and develop my ideas for when I create my final outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Evaluation Question 4

Question 4 - How did you use new media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages? Throughout m...